2013年1月25日金曜日

About Minnesota 1

 I will write about Minnesota's history, building and so on.

 Today, we learned about Saint Paul Cathedral. The saint Paul Cathedral resembles the Cathedrals of Europe. A Cathedral is the home church of a bishop a priest responsible for the priests in a geographical region. Today, the Cathedral seats 3000 people. This is so many people.

The main dome is the largest dome in the world. I did not know the fact. It is 186 feet high and 97 feet in diameter. The 24 stained glass windows around the dome represent justice, prudence, temperance and fortitude. The stained glass is so brilliant. On the ceiling in the sanctuary you will see a dove that reminds us of love of God's and glace coming us. I learned A dove is a symbol of the Holy spirit. The stained glass windows depict the seven sacraments in the Catholic Church and the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. It is the Symbol of the responsibilities of the bishop. In fact, I noticed this, Saint Paul when I came to Minnesota first. I find this is the Symbol.Round stained glass window are called rose windows. There are three rose windows in the church. But I couldn't find that. Like Cathedrals in Europe, the east window was built to catch the first sunlight of the morning. We went here in the afternoon, so I would like to go here in the morning. Light is the symbol of enlightenment and Jesus is also called the light of the world. To the south you will see a rose window with Christ in the center surrounded by eight medallions. I learned each medallion is a tribute to a North or South American saint. The North window is dedicated to eight American Jesuit martyrs. There are six chapels commemorating the various national groups that settled in Minnesota.

312 words

1 件のコメント:

  1. I going to go to there this summer.
    Please tell me about it sometime♡

    返信削除