2013年1月26日土曜日

About nickels

This time, I will talk about the dime and the the nickel. Do you know them?
The dime shows a portrait of President Franklin Roosevelt. it was related on his birthday the year after he died. I did not know that. Shortly after his death in 1945, citizens began writing to the Treasury Department requesting his likeness be depicted on a coin. The dime was a good choice because Roosevelt supported the march of dimes, a program that raised funds for research to find a cure for Polio. Roosevelt contracted the Polio virus when he was 39 years old. It is too young. I saw a lot of dimes and it was so small. I could count what cents it is.  And I will write about nickel. Since 2006, the image of Thomas Jefferson has been on the nickel. Did you know that? Thomas Jefferson was the third president of the United States and the first Secretary of State. I did not know. I leaned He is the author of the Declaration of Independence and an advocate of the separation of church and state. The portrait showed Jefferson's own handwriting, debuted on the 2005 nickels.

196 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿